1001 Nights In Love Styled Shoot
1001 Nights In Love is our interpretation of a more modern Arabian wedding theme where we ditch the typical deep pinks, oranges and purples to focus on a more polished look with the finer details. With an inspiration of white castles in the sand that most of us remember from folklore stories, such as Arabian Nights and the ever so popular Aladdin, we chose a venue that comes all white and we've added hints of blues, golds and reds to keep the overall look vibrant and rich. Keeping with tradition, we've found new ways to incorporate things like mehendi and lanterns into some of the more modern aspects of weddings, such as candle favours, thank you cards, a guestbook canvas and my personal favourite, a calligraphy tree seating chart, which triples as a hanging placecard and favour!
We pushed the limits for a ceremony setup as well and used real sand to create a reminiscent of what we believe a fancy destination desert wedding could look like! With cascading florals, hanging terrarium globes with lights and blue saturated rose petals, it's definitely a swoon-worthy ceremony set-up that's simply elegant! Moving on to our half tented reception setup, the lavish display deserves quite some mention. With a traditional setup on the floor, we added romantic drapes with twinkle lights, an oversized lantern chandelier, suspended floral garlands, our hanging placecard holders and of course a variety of cushions to help set the mood. Playing with colour depths, textures and fabrics, we completed the top with velvet linens, glass blown Turkish chargers, copper cutlery, individual Moroccan inspired calligraphy menu cards and table numbers, brass candelabras, fresh florals and the cutest cloches we could find!
No wedding is complete without of course a Bride and Groom! Here, we modelled our Bride to embody the ever-loved Princess Jasmine. With her natural long braided hair, exotic makeup, one-of-a-kind designer lengha fit for a princess and palace-worthy jewelry. We like to think we added a bit of a Rajasthan and modern Bollywood flare to the Disney classic! Coupled with of course her very own Aladdin, the only thing he's stealing is our hearts in this designer sherwani that reminds us of the Mughal Empire, sword and all! With the ambience set, all that's left is to spend 1001 Nights in Love!
The Team That Made It Happen
Wedding Coordinator: Cristalyne Celebrations
Bride & Groom Attire: Chunri Creations
Calligraphy: Velvet Calligraphy
Jewelry: Jewels By Zaina
Mehendi & Henna Art: Zee Henna Shoppe
Florals: Jasmine Flower
Videography: Crystal Media Inc.
Make Up & Hairstylist: Honey Crisp Beauty
Photography: Perfect Impressions Photography
Bride: Charandeep Parmar
Groom: Fady Zablouk
A huge thank you to all our amazing vendors who took part in this production. You were all a pleasure to work with and I thank you all for your ongoing support and love. :)
Fun Facts About The Day Itself
- We used 60 bags of sand to fill half of the banquet hall to create this look! Our backs were not happy!
- We had 5 stations set up for inspiration which took us a total of 8 hours to set up! Just set-up not tear down!
- Our Bride and Groom met each other on the day of! Yep arranged marriage style and they pulled this off beautifully!
- We eventually stopped for a pizza break and devoured 6 XL boxes! Styled Shoots are a workout!
- Our Bride was like a gorgeous Amazonian Warrior, so our Photographer had to play with angles to ensure she didn't tower over our Groom!
- Our Henna Artist made our thank you cards on the spot!
- Our Decor Team was full of energetic Minions who pushed through to make our vision come to life, including suspending our glass placecards!
- Our Calligrapher just had a baby when she signed on to help us out and we had the pleasure of meeting her bundle of joys!
- Our Venue Manager walked in to see tarps all over the floor with bags of sand and probably thought "What did I get myself into!" He also insisted and fed us after we finished cleaning up all that sand at 11pm. Yep that's right!
- Our Clothing and Jewelry vendors worked together to create the simple yet elegant look that we were going for!
- The Sword and Turban our Groom so strongly wears was a last minute addition, when I stopped to pick up some personal puja supplies!
- Our MUA & Hairstylist was running a little late after having to pick up the Florals and Models but managed to pull this look together in record time!
- Our Videographer interviewed us all to get our insights on our collective collaborations for this inspiring shoot!
- As for myself, well I'm just lucky I have a strong and supportive hubby who carried all those sandbags for me, helped me in laying it all out and then clean it all back up! #makeyourhubbyworkforit LOL ;)